Monday 1 August 2011

"What Really Attracts Men"

The Bookshop Guru 

The other day, I saw an internet headline that read, ‘What really attracts men.’ Curious cat, I clicked the link to find out about the top mistakes women make that men find unattractive. And, sure enough I was wrong; the one mistake I thought would be in the list wasn’t there. In fact, the one thing that attracts me to a woman is beauty. And of course a short skirt, that always helps.

We all make assumptions invariably they turn out to be wrong. It’s fun being right sometimes, though…

The Bookshop Guru

This {extract} below is from one of my short stories.

“As I snaked onwards I passed a small village with a sign that said, ‘Beware of frogs crossing.’ I could feel the goodness of being with nature and the countryside. I found myself thinking: It would be nice to live here, in a small village away from the noise of suburban life.” 

Currently Reading:

Time Riders by Alex Scarrow

Liam O’Connor, Maddy Carter and Sal Vikram are the three main characters all from different epochs of time recruited seconds before dying, to police time travel before it’s too late. In the future the ability to time travel has been invented; the problem is now the future.

I found this book by pure chance on the way-out of the bookshop, so I stopped and starting reading a few chapters and wanted more, and so I bought the book.  A full review of this interesting book to follow shortly... 

Cadillac Fin Suitcase by Michael Walsh

Cadillac Fin Suitcase is a collection of 18 stories written by an American author and photographer Michael Walsh about life in Taiwan and much more in the 90s. The writing is great, even too good, but I like it. I can feel my imagination take me into the story. I don’t need much else.

“I sprawled out of the back seat…hoping we’d stop at a blood bank for a take-out” I like that, with shades of Marlowe in the ‘The Big Sleep’ by Raymond Chandler. Each story is different, some true some not, so my full review will try to encapsulate the essence, stay tuned…


Glamour grans on holiday, fancy a laugh then this is the book. I could imagine the three main characters Wilma, Dotty, and Nora getting stuck in the proverbial pie. It’s a story where the ladies get more than they bargained for. I like it!


Exotic locations and drug barons, English as “Apple crumble and cream, and a celebratory glass of port.” Hooray! Hooray! Review of ‘glamour grans on holiday’ coming shortly…

Are you listening,  what are you dreaming?


As Jesus said, “belief is everything.”

In my latest book “It’s Never Too Late” read how dreams do come true, but be careful what you wish for. Understand the secret of greed and you will attain one of the secrets of prosperity. The book will also take you on a journey and explores love, money, luck, and much more.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hey, Chuck. Did you bring any spending money? Viva la vida loca.


Conducting Survey into Precognitive Choices

Which would you prefer half-price digital or paperback?

 Read my latest book "It's Never Too Late" by Anthony Fox,  published by Chipmunka Publishing

1 comment: