Saturday 5 May 2012

To Be Or Not To Be - A Singles Dating Story

The Bookshop Guru

It all started at one of those singles parties that lonely people seem to end up at especially when those teenage years are long gone, and it becomes increasingly more difficult to meet a suitable partner. Don’t get me wrong these single parties have their uses, after all, everyone there is looking for someone or that’s what you think. I definitely needed someone I could love again. Loneliness is not something I would wish on anyone, it can tear your heart out.

 Surveying the talent and the competition was the evening’s entertainment and I was optimistic it would be a good night. I wasn’t in a panic just yet that would come later maybe, if I didn’t strike lucky. It’s a bit like a race where everyone is a runner, and you don’t want to end up going home, after finishing last without the slightest hint of a future date. Each time it appears harder and takes longer to find new love. I have loved and lost. Will I ever find that one love that lasts I ask myself? Alfred Lord Tennyson said, “Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” Without having loved we are empty souls cast adrift without passion or emotion, a bare vessel as drifting flotsam. All these thoughts raced through my mind as my eyes surveyed the crowd. Would I find another love, someone that I could love again without all the emotional baggage that I had brought to the table?

Introducing myself to a group of people I didn’t know I sat down, and got stuck into the mountain of food available as we all munched away on the potato chips, pastry rolls, quiche, sandwiches, and other tasty goodies, when one of the organisers of the singles party asked me who I was. He was a short and skinny man. Politely, I told him, and explained that a member of the singles group had invited me so I could take a look and see if I wanted to join the group. There’s always someone that wants to spoil the party, I was thinking.

The guy saw me as a threat, as more competition, I don’t know but I suspect it was the case. He was quite rude saying I should have been a paid up member of the singles group before coming to the party. I’d a feeling if I had been a woman he would have not mentioned a word, and been glad I’d turned up because from what I could see he needed all the help he could get. Feeling threatened and alone with this attack I was thinking: All I wanted was a good night out.
 Fun Lovin' Criminals - Loco

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Loco


Anyway, I said to him, ‘usually when I buy a pair of shoes, I like to try them on first,’ whereupon he didn’t say another word. Hey! I been invited by one of the members of the singles group to a party, I wasn’t expecting the guy to get down my throat. I just wanted to have some fun and maybe find a suitable date if I got lucky. Passive is my name. I don’t look for trouble just the opposite.

Why is it short guys with a little power suddenly become little Hitler’s strutting around like headless chickens. It’s a bit like those individuals who strut around talking on their cell phones acting like some sort of mini-celebrity as they start to have a conversation at decibels above everyone else. As if they needed to announce on their phones to the world that they’re somehow important, don’t you find that annoying behaviour, I just hope I don’t act like that.

Anyway, I think everyone at the table could see the fun in what I’d said, because they were all eager to find out more about me, a girl called Jane in particular.


It ended up being a good night.

Are you listening,  what are you dreaming?

As Jesus said, “belief is everything.”

In my latest book “It’s Never Too Late” read how dreams do come true, but be careful what you wish for. Understand the secret of greed and you will attain one of the secrets of prosperity. The book will also take you on a journey and explores love, money, luck, and much more.



iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hey, Chuck. Did you bring any spending money? Viva la vida loca.


Conducting Survey into Precognitive Choices

Which would you prefer half-price digital or paperback?


 Read my latest book "It's Never Too Late" by Anthony Fox,  published by Chipmunka Publishing

1 comment: